The Canadian Food Exporters Association would like to invite you to participate in the SIAL Show taking place at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre, Shanghai, China from May 18-20, 2021.
Since 2000, SIAL China has been inspiring the food industry by sharing valuable insights and trends, connecting exhibitors and buyers, hosting industry-recognized events, and celebrating innovation. An inspiring 4,300 exhibitors and 117,595 professional buyers and visitors attended SIAL China in 2019. Participating in the Canadian pavilion will give you the opportunity to promote your products in the world’s largest growing market and to develop business with buyers and decision-makers for both retail and food service.
Trade professionals from the following industry visit SIAL China:
- Import/Export Trade
You can learn more about this show at http://www.sialchina.com
The cost to participate with the CFEA is CDN $5,290.00 (members) or CDN $10,580.00 (non-members) for a 9sqm stand. The Canada branded hardwall designed stand will include lighting, carpet, basic electricity, company name sign, counter with company logo, 3 shelves, 1 graphic panel, table and 3 chairs.
If you are not a CFEA member and would like to access the member rate, you can apply online for membership at https://cfea.com/application and pay the annual fee of CDN $565.00. Only companies producing products in Canada are eligible to participate in this event and for membership in the CFEA.
To register for this event please go to https://cfea.com/sial-china-2021-registration/
Benefits of participating with the CFEA:
- Reduction in your space costs (members only benefit)
- Funding for travel & shipping (members only benefit — pending approval by the government)
- Full-service event coordination
- Opportunity to showcase your products to Chinese buyers
- Network with other Canadian companies and Embassy/Consulate Staff
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with you!
Travel/Shipment Reimbursement Details (pending approval by the Canadian government): upon completion of the event, CFEA members will be provided with a claim form to apply for a reimbursement of travel and shipping expenses. The reimbursement could consist of 50% of an economy class airfare or 50% of an economy class train ticket for travel from outside of Shanghai, a per diem of CDN $212.50 per day up to a maximum of 6 days (maximum 2 per company) and a partial reimbursement of the sample shipment expenses. Note: if travel restrictions remain in place at the start of this show, and funding is approved for travel, it would only be eligible for local representatives travelling within China.
Funding for this program is provided by
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s AgriMarketing Program
- If you are planning to participate in the 2021 edition, please ensure you have a local representative that can attend in your place should China still restrict entry of foreigners in May 2021.
- Companies that were registered for the 2020 edition and moved their funds to the 2021 edition are automatically registered for this event and will receive details as they become available. In the event that you are not able to exhibit in this edition, please let us know as soon as possible so we can try to replace your company. If we are successful in replacing your company, we will provide a refund less an administrative fee of CDN $300.00. If we cannot replace your company, we will ask to move the funds forward to the 2022 edition as the organizers will not provide a refund. Once we have confirmation from the organizers that they will agree to move the funds forward, we will communicate this to you.